Devoted teachers and scholars, Dartmouth engineering faculty engage both undergraduate and graduate students in learning to investigate, analyze, innovate, and communicate.
"Along with world-class research, what sets our faculty apart is their emphasis on teaching our students—both in the laboratory and in the classroom—to use technology to make a difference by solving the real and pressing problems that affect society every day."
—Joe Helble, Dean
Dartmouth engineering faculty are experts in their field and generalist in the classroom able to teach a systems approach to engineering problem solving with wide-ranging applications.
By the numbers
Dartmouth engineering faculty include members of both the National Academy of Engineering and the National Inventors Hall of Fame, an American Society for Engineering Education Outstanding Educator, and fellows of
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Geophysical Union
- American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering
- American Physical Society
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society of Materials
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- ASM International
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Institute of Industrial Engineers
- Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining
- Materials Research Society
- National Academy of Inventors
- Optical Society of America
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers
- The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society