Associate Professor of Engineering
Glaciology; ice sheet modeling and ice sheet contribution to sea level; ice-ocean interactions; climate science; data assimilation and inverse modeling in geosciences
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Ecole Centrale Paris, France 2011
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, Ecole Centrale Paris, France 2008
- MS, Structural Dynamics and Coupled Systems, Ecole Centrale Paris, France 2008
- Rising Star of Science Award, Research.com, 2022
- American Geophysical Union, Cryosphere Early Career Award, 2020
- NASA Early Career Public Achievement Medal, 2019
- Member, NOAA Climate and Global Change Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Steering Committee, 2020–present
- Member, Editorial Board of Journal of Geophysical Research-Earth Surface, 2019–present
- Member, CliC (Climate and Cryosphere) Scientific Steering Committee, 2019–present
- ISMIP6 Antarctica: a multi-model ensemble of the Antarctic ice sheet evolution over the 21st century, H. Seroussi, S. Nowicki, A.J. Payne, H. Goelzer, W.H. Lipscomb, A. Abe-Ouchi, C. Agosta, T. Albrecht, X. Asay-Davis, A. Barthel, R. Calov, R. Cullather, et al., The Cryosphere, 14:3033–3070, 2020.
- Present day Jakobshavn Isbræ close to the Holocene minimum extent, K. Kajanto, H. Seroussi, B. de Fleurian, and K.H. Nisancioglu, Quaternary Sci. Rev., 246(106492), 2020.
- History, mass loss, structure, and dynamic behavior of the Antarctic ice sheet, R.E. Bell and H. Seroussi, Science, 367(6484):1321–1325, 2020.
- Marine ice sheet instability amplifies and skews uncertainty in projections of future sea-level rise, A.A. Robel, H. Seroussi, and G.H. Roe, PNAS, 2019.
- Influence of a West Antarctic mantle plume on ice sheet basal conditions, H. Seroussi, E.R. Ivins, D.A. Wiens, and J. Bondzio, J. Geophys. Res. Solid Earth, 122:7127–7155, 2017.
- Continued retreat of Thwaites Glacier, West Antarctica, controlled by bed topography and ocean circulation, H. Seroussi, Y. Nakayama, E. Larour, D. Menemenlis, M. Morlighem, E. Rignot, and A. Khazendar, Geophys. Res. Lett., 44:6191–6199, 2017. 2017GL072910.
- ENGS 20: Introduction to Scientific Computing