Geoffrey G. Parker
Professor of Engineering
Director, Master of Engineering Management Program
- BS, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Princeton University 1986
- MS, Electrical Engineering (Technology and Policy Program), MIT 1993
- PhD, Management Science (Operations Management, Statistics), MIT 1998
Data analytics; platform economics & strategy; intellectual property; core operations; product innovation & development; outsourcing & supply chain strategy; energy economics, policy, strategy, innovation, market structure & performance
- Parker, G., M. Van Alstyne (in press). “Innovation, Openness, and Platform Control.” Management Science.
- Parker, G., M. Van Alstyne. X. Jiang (in press). “Platform Ecosystems: How Developers Invert the Firm.” MIS Quarterly.
- Richard Tabors, Michael Caramanis, Elli Ntakou, Geoffrey Parker, Marshall Van Alstyne, Paul Centolella, Rick Hornby (2016), “Distributed Energy Resources: New Markets and New Products.” Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- M. Van Alstyne, Parker, G., S. Choudary (2016). “Pipelines, Platforms, and the New Rules of Strategy.” Harvard Business Review.
- Shittu, E., X. Jiang, G. Parker (2015). “Energy Technology Investments in Competitive and Regulatory Environments,” Environment, Systems and Decisions.
- Jiang, X., G. Parker, E. Shittu (2015). “Envelope Modeling of Renewable Resource Variability and Capacity.” Computers and Operations Research.
- Grahovac, J., G. Parker, E. Shittu. (2015) “The Impact of Costliness, Competitive Importance, and Modularity of Investments on Outsourcing.” Production and Operations Management. Vol. 24, No. 3.
- Anderson, E., G. Parker, B. Tan (2014) “Platform Feature Investment in the Presence of Network Externalities.” Information Systems Research. Vol. 25, No. 1.
- Anderson, E., G. Parker (2013). “Integration of Global Knowledge Networks.” Production and Operations Management. Vol. 22, No. 6.
- Eisenmann, T., G. Parker, M. Van Alstyne. (2011) “Platform Envelopment.” Strategic Management Journal. Vol. 32.
- Amaral, J., E. Anderson, G. Parker. (2011) “How to Succeed in Distributed Product Development.” Sloan Management Review. Vol. 52, No. 2 (Winter).
- Adamson, S., T. Noe, G. Parker (2010). “Efficiency of Financial Transmission Rights Markets in Centrally-Coordinated Periodic Auctions.” Energy Economics. Vol. 32, No. 4.
- Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) Fellow Award, 2020
- Thinkers50 Digital Thinking Award, 2019
- Best Paper Award, Management Science IS Dept, 2019 (Innovation, Openness, and Platform Control)
- Top 10 Harvard Business Review Must-Reads, 2017; Top 10 Harvard Business Review Must-Reads for Business Models, 2019 (Pipelines, platforms, and the new rules of strategy, 2016)
- Top Ten Course, Tuck School of Business, 2018 (Platform Design, Management, and Strategy)
- Best Paper Award, MIS Quarterly, 2017 (Platform Ecosystems: How Developers Invert the Firm)
- Golden Book Award Best Business Book, 2016 (Platform Revolution, Mandarin edition)
- All Time Top 50 Harvard Business Review article (Strategies for Two-Sided Markets)
- Research Fellow, The MIT Center for Digital Business
- Department Editor, Production and Operations Management