Bachelor's DegreesBachelor of ArtsBachelor of EngineeringDual-Degree Program
Master's DegreesMaster of ScienceMaster of EngineeringMaster of Engineering Management
Doctoral DegreesDoctor of PhilosophyPhD Innovation ProgramPhD + Doctor of Medicine
Startups listed byStartup Names Faculty Founders Research Programs
Patents listed byPatent Titles Faculty Inventors Research Programs
Assistant Professor of Engineering
Professor Steinhauer teaches design thinking/human-centered design and practices education design. He is interested in how higher education could center care, multiculturalism, and joy. Read his teaching statement.
Design thinking; design education; education design; higher education
- BSE, Operations Research and Financial Engineering, Princeton University 2007
- MBA, Innovation in Education Reform, University of Virginia 2015
- MEd, Innovation in Education Reform, University of Virginia 2015
- Commendation for Outstanding Teaching, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at Princeton University 2018
- C. Stewart Sheppard Service Award, Darden Graduate School of Business at University of Virginia 2015
- Faculty Award for Academic Excellence, Darden Graduate School of Business at University of Virginia 2015
- Batten Fellowship, Darden Graduate School of Business at University of Virginia 2013
- Member, American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Emotional Intelligence in Design Education. July 2020. Future of Design in Higher Education Blog.
- Centering Mindfulness in Design Education. July 2019. Future of Design in Higher Education Blog.