Bachelor's DegreesBachelor of ArtsBachelor of EngineeringDual-Degree Program
Master's DegreesMaster of ScienceMaster of EngineeringMaster of Engineering Management
Doctoral DegreesDoctor of PhilosophyPhD Innovation ProgramPhD + Doctor of Medicine
Startups listed byStartup Names Faculty Founders Research Programs
Patents listed byPatent Titles Faculty Inventors Research Programs
Hodgson Family Assistant Professor of Engineering
Sustainable systems; energy transitions; multi-objective and multi-attribute computational modeling and decision-making; social equity; data science; environmental and energy policy
- BS, Environmental Science, Rutgers University
- MS, Environmental Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
- PhD, Engineering and Public Policy, Carnegie Mellon University
- Rob Socolow Carbon Mitigation Initiative Best Paper Award (2021)
- American Chemical Society's Editors' Choice Award (2017)
- Herbert L. Toor Award Winner (2016)
- Mayfield, E.N., J.L. Cohon, N.Z. Muller, I.L. Azevedo, and A.L. Robinson. "Quantifying the social equity state of an energy system: Environmental and labor market equity of the shale gas boom in Appalachia." Environmental Research Letters, 14, 124072. (2019).
- Mayfield, E.N., J.L. Cohon, N.Z. Muller, I.L. Azevedo, and A.L. Robinson. "Cumulative environmental and employment impacts of the shale gas boom." Nature Sustainability, 2, 1122–1131. (2019).
- Mayfield, E. N., A.L. Robinson, and J.L. Cohon. "System-wide and Superemitter Policy Options for the Abatement of Methane Emissions from the U.S. Natural Gas System." Environmental Science & Technology. 51 (2017) 4772-4780.
- Larson, E. C. Greig, J. Jenkins, E. Mayfield, A. Pascale, C. Zhang, S. Pacala, R. Socolow, R. Williams, J. Drossman, EJ Baik, R. Birdsey, R. Duke, R. Jones, B. Haley, E. Leslie, K. Paustian, and A. Swan, "Net-Zero America: Potential Pathways, Infrastructure, and Impacts," Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, December 15, 2020. [Website: https://netzeroamerica.princeton.edu/]