First Year Research in Engineering Experience
The First Year Research in Engineering Experience (FYREE) program provides first-year undergraduate students and prospective engineering majors with early hands-on experience and mentoring within engineering.
- Up to 12 two-term research projects available
- Winter and Spring
- Participation in the form of a part-time internship
- $12 per hour; 8–10 hours per week
- FYREE interns present a poster at the Wetterhan Symposium.
- Held annually May with other Dartmouth undergraduates involved in scientific research
- Get hands-on research experience
- Learn important life and work skills
- Explore possible career paths
- Network with scientists and engineers
- Experience the Dartmouth Engineering community
- Applications deadline 10/24/2021.
- Create a new application for all internships you are interested in applying for.
- Decisions will be made prior to the start of the term.
- Not all applicants will be contacted for an interview, nor admitted. We always have more applicants than projects available. If you are not selected to take part in FYREE, we always encourage students to be pro-active and reach out to faculty if interested in their research.
- First Year Research projects are two consecutive terms occurring over Winter and Spring term.
Faculty mentors will interview applicants and select a student for each project.