Master's DegreesMaster of EngineeringMaster of Engineering ManagementMaster of ScienceAdmissions
Dartmouth Engineering's 2023 Investiture ceremony took place on Saturday, June 10 at the West End Circle, near Cummings Hall and the Irving Institute for Energy and Society. Gilda Barabino, president and professor of biomedical and chemical engineering at Olin College, delivered the keynote address.
Faculty Marshal: John Zhang
Student Marshals: (see article)
Connor Coale, BE Candidate, concentration in computer engineering
Arun Somasundaram, MEM Candidate
Brook K. Byrd, PhD Candidate in the Innovation Program with a certificate in Medical Physics
Recognition of Award Recipients
Student Awards: (award descriptions)
- Faculty Award for Academic Excellence: Andrew J. Bean
- Dartmouth Society of Engineers Prize: Ariel Attias, Julia R. Bellamy, Cameron M. Hasund, Margaret J. Knox, Sarah Xunzhi Lou, and Scarlett C. R. Souter
- Charles F. and Ruth D. Goodrich Prize: Posie Millett
- Corporate Collaboration Council Engineering Management Prize: Runqing Liu
- Caroline Henderson Prize: Claire E. Picken
- John C. Woodhouse Engineering Design Prize: Samantha Carranza, River B. Fenton, Nicholas M. Hagler, Rose M. Iannuzzi, Walden T. Marshall, and Nina Nesselbush
- John C. Woodhouse Environmental Engineering Prize: Tejaswini Chatty and David Clemens-Sewall
- Brieanna S. Weinstein Engineering Design Prize: Daniel S. Abate, MacKenzie Grace Guynn, Azariah Javillonar, Di Luo, and Zhanel Nugmanova
- John W. Strohbehn, PhD, Memorial Prize: Arthur Félix Pétusseau
- Dartmouth Engineering Prize for Graduate Research Excellence: Congran Jin
- Don Stayner Th'16 Changemaker Award: Ariana I. Arvelo Marchan, Abbi Fitzpatrick, William B. Gano Jr., and Eliana L. Ray
- Dean's Service Award: Bishal Dev Sharma
Faculty, Staff, and Community Awards: (award descriptions)
- Outstanding Service Award for Staff: David A. McDevitt, associate director of facilities and Ashley Parker, faculty affairs manager
- Outstanding Service Award for Faculty: Solomon G. Diamond, associate professor of engineering and co-director, Design Initiative at Dartmouth (DIAD)
- Thayer Diversity and Inclusion Award: Julia Abraham, research and institutional analyst and Chase Yakaboski, PhD candidate
- Thayer Distinguished Research Award for Faculty: Weiyang Fiona Li, William P. Harris career development associate professor of engineering
- Woodhouse Excellence in Teaching Award: William J. Scheideler, assistant professor of engineering
Vanessa Pinney '21 Th'22, MEM Candidate (see transcript)
Presentation of Robert Fletcher Award
Alexis Abramson, Dean & Professor
Conferring of Hoods
Faculty advisors in attendance confer hoods to their respective PhD candidates.
Graduates and faculty recess and gather in Class of 1982 Engineering and Computer Science Center for a class photo.
Reception immediately follows on the patio outside the Class of 1982 Engineering and Computer Science Center.
Photos & Video
Photos are available for free to download from Thayer's Flickr photostream.
The video is posted on Thayer's YouTube channel.
Each graduate also has the opportunity to purchase their photo with the dean through GradImages. Graduates, please check your email and mail for more information about how to purchase these photos.