Master's DegreesMaster of EngineeringMaster of Engineering ManagementMaster of ScienceAdmissions
Other Initiatives | 2022-2023
In addition, the Design Initiative at Dartmouth (DIAD) has led or contributed to the success of a numerous projects across campus that has helped students, faculty, and staff incorporate additional design thinking and human-centered design skills into their work.
Sample projects include:
- Crash course on design thinking to Institutional Diversity & Equity office
- Design thinking workshop for staff at Dartmouth LEADS
- Design thinking workshop for Division of Student Affairs staff
- Student-led series of design thinking workshops for Energy Justice Clinic (22X)
- Funding the “XR in the Humanities” Fellowship at the Data Experiences and Visualization (DEV) Studio
- Design Justice faculty book club
- Funded several Learn Engineering through Applied Projects (LEAP) Projects at the Cook Engineering Design Center
- Funding several First-Year Research Experience in Engineering (FYREE) Projects
Energy Justice Clinic and Design
The Energy Justice Clinic completed a series of design thinking workshops with the Design Initiative at Dartmouth (DIAD). The students gained tools like affinity mapping, feedback matrix, and Powers of 10 for synthesizing information and debriefing interviews that they then applied to future research projects.