There are currently about 200 students in each undergraduate class at ISE, and five specializations (or majors):
- Automotive Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Information and Communication Engineering
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Engineering
Dartmouth Engineering majors at Chula enroll in at least four courses available to students of the Faculty of Engineering, but concentrate on courses offered in ISE. Because Chula's ISE is on a semester system, the courses extend beyond the length of a normal Dartmouth term. Coursework will be completed around the end of April with the remainder of Dartmouth's spring term available for internship or project opportunities.
All undergraduate students at Chula are required to purchase and wear a university uniform. For more on this requirement, see Chula's Office of International Affairs.
Engineering Students in Thailand
Charnice Barbour '12 discusses her experience studying in Thailand
Here is a list of some courses Dartmouth Engineering students have taken at Chula.
- Foundations of Biochemistry
- Science of Materials
- Mechanical Solids
- Intro to Linear & Digital Circuits
- Computer-Aided Design
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Statistical Methods in Engineering
- Product Development Process
- Statistical Thermodynamics
- Dartmouth winter term (an X-term) and spring term (an L-term)
- Corresponds to Chula’s second semester (early Jan until early May)
$4400 for a semester, including room, board, books, local transportation; plus roundtrip transportation to Bangkok: approx. $1200-$1500.