Bachelor's DegreesBachelor of ArtsBachelor of EngineeringDual-Degree Program
Master's DegreesMaster of ScienceMaster of EngineeringMaster of Engineering Management
Doctoral DegreesDoctor of PhilosophyPhD Innovation ProgramPhD + Doctor of Medicine
Startups listed byStartup Names Faculty Founders Research Programs
Patents listed byPatent Titles Faculty Inventors Research Programs
On its 137-hectare campus overlooking Tolo Harbour, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) has over 20,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, of whom 3,000 come from regions outside Hong Kong.
- First Hong Kong university to have an international exchange program (1965)
- Has over 100 exchange partners
- Sends 300/receives 400 per year
CUHK established a Faculty of Engineering in 1991. Departments include
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Information Engineering
- Mechanical and Automation Engineering
- Systems Engineering and Engineering Management
Exchange students typically enroll in four to five 3-unit courses per semester. Most 3-unit courses are composed of 3 hours of lecture or 2 hours of lecture and 1 hour of tutorial per week.
Here is a list of some courses Dartmouth Engineering students have taken at CUHK.
- Advanced Energy Technologies
- Control Systems
- Data Structures
- Discrete & Probabilistic Systems
- Dynamic Optimization & Applications
- Globalization and International Politics
- Introduction to Energy and Environment
- Introduction to Robotics
- Microcomputer Systems
- Dartmouth fall term (late summer departure)
- Corresponds to CUHK’s first term (late Aug until late Dec)
$4800 for a semester, including room, board, books, local transportation; plus round trip transportation to Hong Kong: approx. $1100-$1400.