CUHK established a Faculty of Engineering in 1991. Departments include
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Information Engineering
- Mechanical and Automation Engineering
- Systems Engineering and Engineering Management
Exchange students typically enroll in four to five 3-unit courses per semester. Most 3-unit courses are composed of 3 hours of lecture or 2 hours of lecture and 1 hour of tutorial per week.
Here is a list of some courses Dartmouth Engineering students have taken at CUHK.
- Advanced Energy Technologies
- Control Systems
- Data Structures
- Discrete & Probabilistic Systems
- Dynamic Optimization & Applications
- Globalization and International Politics
- Introduction to Energy and Environment
- Introduction to Robotics
- Microcomputer Systems
- Dartmouth fall term (late summer departure)
- Corresponds to CUHK’s first term (late Aug until late Dec)
$4800 for a semester, including room, board, books, local transportation; plus round trip transportation to Hong Kong: approx. $1100-$1400.