Human-Centered Design Minor
The minor in Human-Centered Design is an interdisciplinary program focused on the process of innovation for addressing human needs. The six-course minor combines engineering and design thinking courses with a wide range of cultural, behavioral, and artistic offerings.
- MATH 3: Calculus
The minor in human-centered design in Engineering Sciences is an interdisciplinary program comprising six courses, two from each section below (1, 2, 3).
Ethnographic Methods and Human Factors/Psychology
Choose 2 courses, one of the two courses must be outside of the student’s major department.
- ANTH 3: Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
- ANTH 18: Research Methods in Cultural Anthropology
- GEOG 11: Qualitative Methods and the Research Process in Geography
- PSYC 22: Learning
- PSYC 23: Social Psychology
- PSYC 28: Cognitive Psychology
- PSYC 38: Cognitive Neuroscience
- PSYC 43: Emotion
- PSYC 50.02: Decision Making
- PSYC 53.10: Social and Affective Motivations in Decision-making
- PSYC 53.12: The Behavior of Groups
- PSYC 53.13: Social Neuroscience
- SOCY 11: Research Methods
Choose 2 courses.
- COSC 23.01: Augmented and Virtual Reality Design
- COSC 25.01: Intro to UI/UX Design I
- COSC 25.02: Intro to UI/UX Design II
- COSC 28: Advanced Projects in Digital Arts
- COSC 29.04: Impact Design/ PSYC 15 Impact Design
- ENGS 15.01: Senior Design Challenge I
- ENGS 15.02: Senior Design Challenge II
- ENGS 18: System Dynamics in Policy Design and Analysis
- ENGS 44: Sustainable Design
- ENGS 75: Product Design
- FILM 51: Game Design Studio
- PBPL 43: Social Entrepreneurship/ ECON 77 Social Entrepreneurship
- SART 65: Architecture I
- SART 66: Architecture II
- SART 68: Architecture III
- Before taking courses in section 3, it is recommended that students complete both courses in Section 1 plus at least one course from Section 2.
- No Engineering Sciences courses 20 and above may be taken under the Non-Recording Option.
- For Engineering majors: Only ENGS courses numbered below 20 may be counted towards the minor.