Bachelor's DegreesBachelor of ArtsBachelor of EngineeringDual-Degree Program
Master's DegreesMaster of ScienceMaster of EngineeringMaster of Engineering Management
Doctoral DegreesDoctor of PhilosophyPhD Innovation ProgramPhD + Doctor of Medicine
Startups listed byStartup Names Faculty Founders Research Programs
Patents listed byPatent Titles Faculty Inventors Research Programs
Scott A. Snyder
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Engineering
Principal, a.hamalainen design
Structural and architectural design; energy technologies; materials science; flow and fracture of ice
- AB, Physics, Dartmouth 2000
- M.Arch, Harvard Graduate School of Design 2004
- BE, Dartmouth 2015
- PhD, Engineering Sciences, Dartmouth 2015
- Licensed Architect, State of New Hampshire, State of Vermont
- S.A. Snyder, E.M. Schulson, and C.E. Renshaw, “Effects of prestrain on the ductile-to-brittle transition of columnar ice,” Acta Materialia, 108, 15 April 2016.
- S.A. Snyder, E.M. Schulson, and C.E. Renshaw, “The role of damage and recrystallization in the elastic properties of columnar ice,” J. Glaciology, 61(227), 2015.
- S.A. Snyder, E.M. Schulson, and C.E. Renshaw, “Observations of anisotropy in damage and elastic properties of columnar ice containing cracks,” POAC’15 Proceedings, Jun 14-18, 2015.
- N. Golding, S.A. Snyder, E.M. Schulson, and C.E. Renshaw, “Plastic faulting in saltwater ice,” J. Glaciology, 60, no. 221, 2014.
- N. Golding, C.E. Burks, K.N. Lucas, A.L. Fortt, S.A. Snyder, and E.M. Schulson, “Mechanical properties of the ice I–magnesium sulfate eutectic: a comparison with freshwater ice in reference to Europa,” Icarus, 2013.
- B.A. Banks, S.K. Rutledge, and S.A. Snyder, "Electric arc and electrochemical surface texturing technologies," 11th International Conference, Society of Metallurgy and Materials, Paris, France, Sep 8-10, 1997. Won monetary award, Feb 1999. Published as NASA Technical Memorandum TM-107508, Apr 1999.