Structural and architectural design; energy technologies; materials science; flow and fracture of ice
- AB, Physics, Dartmouth 2000
- M.Arch, Harvard Graduate School of Design 2004
- BE, Dartmouth 2015
- PhD, Engineering Sciences, Dartmouth 2015
- Licensed Architect, State of New Hampshire, State of Vermont
- S.A. Snyder, E.M. Schulson, and C.E. Renshaw, “Effects of prestrain on the ductile-to-brittle transition of columnar ice,” Acta Materialia, 108, 15 April 2016.
- S.A. Snyder, E.M. Schulson, and C.E. Renshaw, “The role of damage and recrystallization in the elastic properties of columnar ice,” J. Glaciology, 61(227), 2015.
- S.A. Snyder, E.M. Schulson, and C.E. Renshaw, “Observations of anisotropy in damage and elastic properties of columnar ice containing cracks,” POAC’15 Proceedings, Jun 14-18, 2015.
- N. Golding, S.A. Snyder, E.M. Schulson, and C.E. Renshaw, “Plastic faulting in saltwater ice,” J. Glaciology, 60, no. 221, 2014.
- N. Golding, C.E. Burks, K.N. Lucas, A.L. Fortt, S.A. Snyder, and E.M. Schulson, “Mechanical properties of the ice I–magnesium sulfate eutectic: a comparison with freshwater ice in reference to Europa,” Icarus, 2013.
- B.A. Banks, S.K. Rutledge, and S.A. Snyder, "Electric arc and electrochemical surface texturing technologies," 11th International Conference, Society of Metallurgy and Materials, Paris, France, Sep 8-10, 1997. Won monetary award, Feb 1999. Published as NASA Technical Memorandum TM-107508, Apr 1999.