Dartmouth is located in Hanover, New Hampshire, a few hours drive from Boston, New York City, Burlington, Vermont, and Montreal, Canada. The Lebanon Regional Airport (Lebanon, NH) is a 15-minute drive from campus, while the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (Manchester, NH) is about an hour-and-a-half drive. Both the Logan International Airport (Boston, MA) and Manchester Boston Regional Airport are served by bus to Hanover. To schedule a visit, please see our visitor information page.
14 Engineering Drive
Hanover, NH 03755
From Boston area (2.5 hours), or Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (1.5 hours):
- Follow I-93 north to I-89 north
- Take Exit 18 (Route 120, Lebanon-Hanover)
- Turn right off the exit ramp
- Follow Route 120 north, straight into town (about 4 miles)
- Bear right onto Park St. at the light in Hanover next to the COOP foodstore and Mobil gas station
- At the third light (at the Berry Sports Center) turn left onto E. Wheelock Street
- Just before the Dartmouth Green, turn right onto College Street
- Take the next left around the Green (Wentworth Street) and get into the right lane
- Turn right onto North Main Street
- Drive one block and take a left onto Tuck Mall
- Thayer School and Engineering Drive is at the end of Tuck Mall on the left.
- You may ask the Thayer School receptionist, located just inside the front entrance of the Maclean Engineering Sciences Center, about tours and parking information.
Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT), located in Manchester, NH about 75 miles, or 1.5 hours driving time, from campus, is served by several major airlines.
Logan International Airport (BOS), located in Boston, Mass. about 120 miles from Hanover, or 2.5 hours driving time, from campus, is served by many major national and international airlines. Direct bus transportation is available via Dartmouth Coach, which runs daily bus service to and from the Dartmouth campus to Boston and Logan Airport.
Bradley International Airport (BDL), located in Hartford, Conn. about 150 miles, or 2.5 hours driving time, from campus, is served by several major airlines.
Dartmouth Coach offers daily service between the Dartmouth campus and Boston's South Station and Logan Airport as well as the Yale Club in New York, adjacent to Grand Central Station.
Greyhound provides frequent service from Boston, New York, Montreal, and other points to White River Junction, Vermont—about a 15-minute drive to Hanover. For information and reservations, call (800) 231-2222.
Advance Transit serves the Upper Valley region of New Hampshire and Vermont, from Monday to Fridays. Rides are free on all Advance Transit bus routes.
Amtrak's "Vermonter" service, connects northern Vermont with New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. and arrives daily in White River Junction, Vermont—about 5 miles and 15-minute drive from Hanover. For information and reservations, call (800) 872-7245.