Bachelor's DegreesBachelor of ArtsBachelor of EngineeringDual-Degree Program
Master's DegreesMaster of ScienceMaster of EngineeringMaster of Engineering Management
Doctoral DegreesDoctor of PhilosophyPhD Innovation ProgramPhD + Doctor of Medicine
Startups listed byStartup Names Faculty Founders Research Programs
Patents listed byPatent Titles Faculty Inventors Research Programs
All Thayer News
SYNERGY Announces 2016 Pilot Grant Awards
May 11, 2016 | Dartmouth SYNERGY
Congratulations to the 2016 SYNERGY Translational Pilot Grant awardees. Following a review of 29 letters of intent, SYNERGY invited 16 full applications from which six awardees were selected. Aligning with SYNERGY’s mission of fostering collaborative interactions between basic, translational, and health services researchers, the awardees come from diverse Dartmouth schools and departments:
- Steven N. Fiering, PhD (PI, Microbiology and Immunology, and Genetics) and Peter A. Kaufman, MD (Co-PI, Hematology and Oncology) – In Situ Vaccination of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Patient-derived Mouse Xenografts with Empty Cowpea Mosaic Viral-like Particles
- Ulrike G.K. Wegst, PhD (PI, Thayer School of Engineering) and Michael K. Matthew, MD (Co-PI, Surgery/Plastic Surgery) – Multifunctional Freeze-Cast Scaffolds for Peripheral Nerve Repair
- Megan Coylewright, MD, MPH (PI, Medicine/Cardiovascular Medicine and The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice) and Stuart W. Grande, PhD, MPA (Co-PI, The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice) – Can Telehealth be used to Improve Implementation of Shared Decision Making in Patients with Heart Valve Disease?
- Alexander Iribarne, MD, MS (PI, Surgery/Cardiac Surgery and The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice) and Jonathan S. Skinner, PhD (Co-PI, Economics and The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice) – Geographic Variation in Screening and Frequency of Re-interventions after Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair among Medicare Recipients in the United States
- Lance G. Warhold, MD (PI, Surgery/Orthopaedic Surgery) and Alexander Hartov, PhD (Co-PI, Thayer School of Engineering) – FAST: Fixation Approaches to Scaphoid Trauma
- Catherine Stanger, PhD (PI, Psychiatry) and Todd F. Heatherton, PhD (Co-PI, Psychology and Brain Sciences) – Targeting Neural Self-regulation with Technology for Overweight Teens
We extend our sincere thanks to the 2016 SYNERGY Translational Pilot Application Review Committee for their hard work during the review process to select these Pilot Awardees.
Link to source:
For contacts and other media information visit our Media Resources page.