All Thayer News
Dartmouth ranks #8 in "Top Colleges for Engineering Majors"
Aug 30, 2013 | AC Online
Dartmouth is #8 in AC Online's list of the nation's top engineering programs for lifetime return on investment. "Graduates from these schools enjoy the largest earnings gap between non-degree holders over thirty years, and earn more on average than engineering graduates from other schools," states AC Online.
"It's important to select a major field that you¹re passionate about," said Dan Schuessler, founder of AC Online. "But it's also important to find a college—and a program—that offers the best chance to turn passion into paycheck."...
- 30 year ROI: $1,878,000
- Weighted Total Cost: $221,600
- School Type: Private not-for-profit
"Dartmouth’s location in Hanover, New Hampshire has been rated one of the best places to live in the U.S. by CNN’s Money magazine. As a top Ivy League university, Dartmouth is a private liberal arts institution that fosters lifelong learning. Areas of focus are encouraged in the Thayer School of Engineering, but all the engineering programs are integrated and students can take whichever classes best fit their career goals."
AC Online developed the following criteria for consideration as a "High ROI Engineering program":
- Total weighted cost (provided by IPEDS)
- 30-year Net ROI (provided by PayScale.com)
- 4-year degree-granting institution
- Fully accredited institution
- Must offer Engineering at the undergraduate level
- Private, for-profit institutions excluded