Bachelor's DegreesBachelor of ArtsBachelor of EngineeringDual-Degree ProgramUndergraduate Admissions
Doctoral DegreesDoctor of PhilosophyPhD Innovation ProgramPhD + Doctor of MedicineGraduate Admissions
All Thayer News
2016 Formula Hybrid: Results
May 09, 2016
Dartmouth's Formula Hybrid Competition held annually at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway offers "an interdisciplinary design and engineering challenge for undergraduate and graduate university students." The competition is part of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Collegiate Design Series and is regarded as the most complex and dynamic of the series.
"This year a special shout-out goes to the electrical inspection team of eighteen engineers who worked tirelessly," said Doug Fraser, Senior Research Engineer and Director of Formula Hybrid, "... not only inspecting vehicles for rules compliance, but also assisting teams as they labored to resolve any remaining issues and get their cars out on the track."
- 1st: University of Victoria (UVic Hybrid)
- 2nd: Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE Motorsports)
- 3rd: Atilim University (Devrim Hybrid)
- 1st: Binghamton University (Bearcat Motorsports)
- 2nd: University of Vermont (Alternative Energy Racing Organization)
- 3rd: Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT Hot Wheelz)
See summary score sheet .
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Innovation Award: University of Waterloo (Waterloo Hybrid-Electric)
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Industrial Design Award: UVic Hybrid
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Gracious Professionalism Award: RIT Hot Wheelz
- GM Spirit of Formula Hybrid Award: RIT Hot Wheelz
- GM Best Engineered Propulsion System Award: UVic Hybrid
- IEEE Engineering the Future Award: Waterloo Hybrid-Electric
- IEEE Excellence in EV Engineering Award: UVM AERO
- Doug Gore Memorial Chassis Design Award: UVic Hybrid
For contacts and other media information visit our Media Resources page.