Bachelor's DegreesBachelor of ArtsBachelor of EngineeringDual-Degree ProgramUndergraduate Admissions
Doctoral DegreesDoctor of PhilosophyPhD Innovation ProgramPhD + Doctor of MedicineGraduate Admissions
CEDC Sponsor Financial Commitment
A Great Value
CEDC Project Benefits
Average number of student hours per project
- 1,000 hrs
Cost per hour
- Faculty advisor, course director, external reviewers, support staff, and use of Dartmouth facilities
Typical In-house Project Comparison
Hiring one engineering graduate for
- 1,000 hrs
Average total cost
- Typically very little
Competitive Waiver Program
Potential project sponsors who are not able to commit to the project funding requirement are encouraged to submit project proposals and statements of need to compete for a partial or full waiver of the required $7,500 in program support.
Please refer to the following eligibility guidelines and rules before submitting a project proposal with a competitive waiver:
- Government entities
- For-profit companies of fewer than 5 employees
- Partial offset or full defrayal of the required $7,500.
- Director of the CEDC
- ENGS 89/90 Instructor
- Faculty member, appointed by the dean of Thayer School of Engineering
- The sponsor must certify that the project is being submitted by an eligible organization.
- The sponsor must further demonstrate that the $7,500 in program support cannot be met.
- Projects will be evaluated according to their likelihood of success, their educational value to the students, and their social value.
- The committee will consider the sponsor's previous experience with the ENGS 89/90 course sequence in the event of a tie.
- Those sponsors who are awarded a waiver are expected to contribute the same level of engagement, advice, and budget support as all other sponsors.