Bachelor's DegreesBachelor of ArtsBachelor of EngineeringDual-Degree Program
Master's DegreesMaster of ScienceMaster of EngineeringMaster of Engineering Management
Doctoral DegreesDoctor of PhilosophyPhD Innovation ProgramPhD + Doctor of Medicine
Startups listed byStartup Names Faculty Founders Research Programs
Patents listed byPatent Titles Faculty Inventors Research Programs
The GEM fellowship program supports the National GEM Consortium's mission to "enhance the value of the nation's human capital by increasing the participation of underrepresented groups (African Americans, American Indians, and Hispanic Americans) at the master's and doctoral levels in engineering and science."
Participating Academic Programs
As a GEM member university, Dartmouth is pleased to sponsor GEM fellows in the following programs:
- PhD, Engineering Sciences — Dartmouth sponsors GEM employer and associate fellows, covering tuition, fees, and stipend.
- Master of Engineering (MEng) and Master of Engineering Management (MEM) — Dartmouth sponsors up to two GEM employer and university fellows, covering tuition and fees. Employer fellowships also include a stipend. Each year, up to two fellowships total may be awarded across the MEng and MEM programs.
- MS, Engineering Sciences — Dartmouth sponsors GEM employer and university fellows for research projects where faculty or research grant funding is available.
- GEM fellowships are also available for Dartmouth's PhD programs in Computer Science and Math, as well as for the MS program in Computer Science.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- meet the GEM fellowship program eligibility criteria and complete a GEM fellowship application through the National GEM Consortium
- be a US citizen or permanent resident and identify as:
- American Indian/Native
- African American/Black
- Hispanic American/Latino
- be admitted to Dartmouth Engineering's PhD, MS, MEM, or MEng program, or to Dartmouth's graduate programs in Computer Science or Math
- indicate on their Dartmouth application and/or contact Dartmouth Engineering admissions to note they are also under consideration by the National GEM Consortium for a GEM Fellowship.
All GEM fellowship applicants will receive an application fee waiver for their Dartmouth Engineering application.
To Apply to Dartmouth
Create your application account at the link below. To apply to Dartmouth Engineering's graduate programs, select the Thayer School of Engineering application. To apply to Dartmouth's graduate programs in Computer Science or Math, select the Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies application.
For questions about Dartmouth/GEM sponsorship opportunities and application fee waivers, contact Dartmouth Engineering admissions. See more information about the GEM fellowship program.