To begin the process, please work with your health provider to complete the Accommodation Request form. This information will be reviewed to determine formal eligibility for disability services and accommodations. Have your health provider submit the completed and signed form via fax, postal service, or email to:
Assistant Dean for Academic and Student Affairs
+1 (603) 646-3856
- Mailing Address
Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth
14 Engineering Drive
Hanover, NH 03755
(Disability documentation submitted via email is not a secure method for sharing sensitive information.)
Accommodation Request Form
Our goal is to assist students in making as smooth a transition as possible, and we encourage students to fully engage in the process, provide necessary information for the requests, and ask questions about access and accommodations at Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth and Dartmouth College in a timely manner. In the request, we seek the following information from students and their health providers:
- Current documentation establishing the presence, extent, and impact of the disability. In addition, documentation can offer recommendations regarding the specific types of accommodation the evaluator believes might be helpful in addressing the functional limitations posed by the condition.
- Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth adheres to the disability documentation guidelines established by Dartmouth College of Arts and Sciences' Student Accessibility Services. To ensure that complete information is submitted, students should refer to these guidelines and share them with their undergraduate institution or treating clinician.
Students are responsible for obtaining and providing a complete and current evaluation and supporting documentation to Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth. If additional information is needed, including but not limited to additional assessment regarding current functional limitations, students will be notified.
- Record of accommodations received at an undergraduate institution or in an employment setting.
- Record of accommodations granted on the GMAT, GRE or other high-stakes admissions tests.
- Requested accommodations at Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth.
As some accommodations require lead time to acquire or produce (e.g., document conversion to alternative formats or video captioning), it is a student's responsibility to provide reasonable notice of such accommodation requests.