Solomon G. Diamond
Associate Professor of Engineering
Associate Professor of Engineering1-603-646-1311
- AB, Dartmouth College, Engineering Sciences, 1997
- BE, Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College, 1998
- SM, Harvard University, Engineering Sciences 2001
- PhD, Harvard University, Engineering Sciences 2004
Biomedical imaging; functional neuroimaging; physiological modeling; heart rate variability; stroke recovery; Alzheimer's disease
Current Research Projects
- Biomagnetometer instrument development
- Clinical optical-electric probes
- Functional biomarkers for Alzheimer's Disease
- Neurosimulator for electroencephalography
- Neurovascular coupling
- Wireless neural probes
- ENGS 76: Machine Engineering
- ENGS 146: Computer-Aided Mechanical Engineering Design
- ENGS 170: Neuroengineering
- Ficko, B.W., Giacometti, P., Diamond, S.G. (2015) Nonlinear susceptibility magnitude imaging of magnetic nanoparticles. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 378(C), 267–277.
- Ficko, B.W., Nadar, P.M., Diamond, S.G. (2015) Spectroscopic AC susceptibility imaging (sASI) of magnetic nanoparticles. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 375(C), 164–176.
- Giacometti, P., Diamond, S.G. (2014). Correspondence of electroencephalography and near-infrared spectroscopy sensitivities to the cerebral cortex using a high-density layout. Neurophotonics, 1(2), 025001–025001.
- Giacometti, P., Perdue, K.L., Diamond, S.G. (2014) Algorithm to find high density EEG scalp coordinates and analysis of their correspondence to structural and functional regions of the brain. J Neurosci Methods. 229:84-96.
- Perdue, K.L., Diamond, S.G. (2014) T1 magnetic resonance imaging head segmentation for diffuse optical tomography and electroencephalography. J. Biomed. Opt. 19(2):026011.
- Ficko, B.W., Nadar, P.M., Hoopes, P.J., Diamond, S.G. (2014) Development of a magnetic nanoparticle susceptibility magnitude imaging array. Phys. Med. Biol. 59(4):1047-1071.
- Perdue, K.L., Diamond, S.G. (2013) Effects of spatial pattern scale of brain activity on the sensitivity of DOT, fMRI, EEG and MEG. PLoS ONE 8(12):e83299.
- Talukdar, T., Moore, J.H., Diamond, S.G. (2013) Continuous correction of differential path length factor in near-infrared spectroscopy. J. Biomed. Opt. 18(5), 056001.
- Giacometti P., Diamond S. G. (2013) Compliant head probe for positioning electroencephalography electrodes and near-infrared spectroscopy optodes. J. Biomed. Opt. 18(2), 027005.
- Burke, B.A., Diamond, S.G. (2012) Measuring cerebral hemodynamics with a modified magnetoencephalography system. Physiol. Meas., 33(12):2079-2098.
- Collier, T.J., Kynor, D.B., Bieszczad, J., Audette, W.E., Kobylarz, E.J., Diamond, S.G. (2012) Creation of a human head phantom for testing of electroencephalography equipment and techniques. IEEE Trans. Biomed. Eng., 59(9):2628–2634.
- Perdue, K.L., Fang, Q., Diamond, S.G. (2012) Quantitative assessment of diffuse optical tomography sensitivity to the cerebral cortex using a whole-head probe. Phys. Med. Biol., 57(10):2857-2872.
Derek Bok Award for Distinction in Teaching, Harvard University, 2002
- System and methods for smoothly inverting one or more faces of a cubical device (8,753,029)
- System, optode and cap for near-infrared diffuse-optical function neuroimaging (8,527,035)
- In-bed exercise machine and method of use (6,270,445)
- In-bed exercise machine and method of use (6,152,855)
- Lodestone Biomedical, Co-founder
- Member, IEEE
- Member, Tau Beta Pi
Innovator of the Week: Lidia Valdés, Co-Founder of Lodestone Biomedical
Live Free and Start
May 26, 2016
Center Receives $6.2m to Develop Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies
Center for the Translation of Rehabilitation Engineering Advances and Technology
February 4, 2016
Dartmouth Expands Use of SOLIDWORKS Applications for Innovative Engineering Education
September 10, 2014
Thayer Students Tackle a ‘Real-World Problem’ in Haiti
June 4, 2013
Dartmouth researchers study tool for Alzheimer’s diagnosis
November 21, 2011
DS SolidWorks Corp. Announces Winners of Green Design Contest
August 24, 2011
Tomorrow’s Engineers Take Charge of the Planet
Industrial IT (Australia)
November 26, 2010
Innovative Early-Career Engineering Faculty Selected to Participate in NAE Symposium
October 18, 2010
Dartmouth and SolidWorks: from Outrageous Stuff to Commercial Products
October 5, 2010
Tomorrow’s Engineers Take Charge of the Planet
May 3, 2010
Simbex Partners with Thayer School on $3.4m National Infrastructure Resource Award
January 11, 2010
In Dartmouth Engineer Magazine
Mazilu Fellow Explores the Brain’s Response to Real vs. Virtual Environments
Web Extra, October 2013
The Business Case for Sustainability
Random Walk: Diwheel Test
A Thinking Cap
Web Extra, April 2012
A Wall of Pride
Web Extra, February 2012
The New Guard
Random Walk: Twist Car Race
Classroom: Technology Assessment
Engineering in Medicine
Faculty: Thayer Gains Five New Professors
Why Dartmouth for Engineering Ph.D.
Noninvasive Head Probe for Alzheimer's Disease
New Approach to Alzheimer's Disease
Seminar: Advancing Neuroimaging Technology to Study Brain Dynamics