Job & Internship Search Tools
Whether you are looking for a job or an internship, there are a variety of search strategies available to obtain your dream position. Please read our recruiting and networking policies (PDF) before beginning your job or internship search.
TARGETING EMPLOYERS THROUGH NETWORKING
- LinkedIN - An online networking and resource website. Check out these groups: “Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth” & “Dartmouth College Alumni.”
- Dartmouth Career Network - Provides access to over 38,000 Dartmouth alumni (including Thayer alumni) who have volunteered to advise students in their career and graduate school explorations.
- Upper Valley Business Directory - Resource for identifying employers to connect with in the New Hampshire and Vermont area.
- See where our students have interned for the past four years and a List of 2007-2014 Employers Hiring Thayer Grads
- The Annual Engineering Career Fair (October 1, 2015), Virtual Career Fair (held in February), and our employer information sessions (including alumni talks) are very effective when searching for internship and job opportunities. Check out ThayerLink and our Events Calendar for details.
JOB & INTERNSHIP POSTINGS
- ThayerLink - This is the best resource for finding full-time and internship positions--many provided by our alumni--posted through Thayer Career Services.
- engIN - More engineering internships are now available through the engIN, pooling internships from eight top schools (Brown, Dartmouth, Lafayette, Olin, Smith, Swarthmore, Tufts, Union). Access engIN through ThayerLink under “Jump To.”
- DartBoard - Full-time positions offered through Dartmouth (undergraduate) Career Services are posted on DartBoard. This site is available to all Dartmouth students. This is a great resource for "non-engineering" positions including many management consulting and finance positions.
- Liberal Arts Career NetWORK (LACN) – The Liberal Arts Career NetWORK (LACN) is a consortium of 31 top liberal arts schools whose mission is to maximize knowledge, technology and resources. Use LACN to search for full-time and internship opportunities.
EXTERNAL JOB BOARDS
- Career Cornerstone Center: career planning resources for STEM majors
- Hoover's: proprietary company profiles and industry information.
- Indeed.com and/or SimplyHired.com: one search. all jobs.
- Idealist.com: for volunteer opportunities, nonprofit jobs and internships
- Vault.com: supplementary website providing career information by industry and by Fortune 1000 company, as well as company and firm rankings on employers
- Green D Intern Marketplace: where entrepreneurial Dartmouth companies can connect with students interested in working with a start-up, venture firm, incubator, or emerging growth company
- AngelList: Apply privately to thousands of startup jobs with one application
Check out Thayer School Career Services on Facebook our Weekly Bulletin for highlighted opportunities.