Enhance your career as a Lean Six Sigma professional through one of our three levels of certification:
- Yellow Belt (in-person and interactive live online)
- Green Belt (in-person and interactive live online)
- Black Belt (in-person and interactive live online)
Note: all in-person are offered at client site only
Yellow Belt Certification
This interactive workshop introduces employees, managers, supervisors to quality improvement techniques.
- Yellow Belt (In-Person and Interactive Live Online)
- In-person workshop: This 1-day workshop is held at the customer site for 10 or more participants
- Interactive Live online workshop: This workshop consists of two 4-hour sessions. You will be live online with an experienced industry instructor for all the sessions, and you will be able to ask questions directly to the instructor.
Participants learn to use a variety of Lean improvement and Six Sigma quality tools under a DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) framework. With Yellow Belt certification, you will add value to any team that aims to improve its company's process. Yellow Belt certification is awarded upon workshop and quiz completion.
Green Belt Certification
For those participants that can use basic statistics to assist a project team.
- Green Belt (In-Person and Interactive Live Online)
- In-person workshop: This 5-day workshop is held at the client site for 10 or more participants
- Interactive Live online workshop: This workshop consists of Ten 4-hour sessions (2 sessions per week for 5 weeks). You will be live online with an experienced industry instructor for all the sessions and you will be able to ask questions directly to the instructor.
This hands-on workshop is designed for Lean Six Sigma project team members. Participants will become familiar with basic Lean and Six Sigma tools within the context of the DMAIC methodology. Core workshop offers statistical analysis package training (Minitab) to conduct and analyze various outputs stemming from experiments in the measurement phase (Statistical Process Control) and the analysis phase (Design of Experiments) in a well-designed Lean Six Sigma case study.
Familiarity with college math and statistics will help students adjust to the rigorous work that the course entails. A laptop will be needed for this workshop; participants are required to download at least the trial copy of the statistical analysis package, Minitab.
To maintain the high standards of Dartmouth, we require testing at the Green Belt level and a case study completion before granting certification. The exam and case study are designed to help verify your newly gained knowledge.
With Green Belt certification, you will be able to manage root cause analysis, process mapping, and a variety of useful process calculations, making you an invaluable member of any Lean Six Sigma project team.
Black Belt Certification
The Black Belt workshop is for those individuals that want to gain an in-depth knowledge of lean six sigma, and also be able to manage a lean six sigma project.
- Black Belt (In-Person and Interactive Live Online)
- In-person workshop: This 10-day workshop is held on the client site for 10 or more participants.
- Interactive Live online workshop: This workshop consists of twenty 4-hour sessions (2 sessions per week for 10 weeks). You will be live online with an experienced industry instructor for all the sessions and you will be able to ask questions directly to the instructor.
Participants must have completed the Green Belt program or have college level statistics before taking this workshop.
This workshop is designed for Lean Six Sigma team leaders and expands upon the skill set taught in the Green Belt certification. The coursework includes instruction on modules in practical DMAIC applications, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, Advanced Lean, Advanced DOE, SPC for non-normal distributions, Optimization, Scheduling & Sequencing, Effective and efficient teamwork strategies as well as a variety of other tools and analysis methodologies. As with each of our workshops, we offer case-based exercises to enhance learning.
A laptop with a functional copy of a statistical analysis package, Minitab, will be needed for this workshop. A trial copy of Minitab is usually sufficient. A final test will measure your grasp of the theory necessary to be a successful Black Belt. This open-book and open-notes test is held at the culmination of this workshop. Black Belt certification is conferred upon successful completion of this exam and two required case studies.
The Black Belt workshop includes two case studies. Participants choose two of the case studies below. Participants should be working on the case study as the workshop progresses. Completed case studies should be emailed to the assigned instructor.
The sample case studies will be provided by Dartmouth and participants can select two of the following verticals: