Thayer School's Board of Overseers is comprised of alumni and friends of the School, including the President of Dartmouth, the Provost of Dartmouth, a Trustee of Dartmouth, and the Dean of Thayer School, ex officio; and up to 22 other members.
- Terrance G. McGuire Th'82, Chair
Co-founder and Managing General Partner, Polaris Venture Partners
- John W. Ballard II D'55 Th/Tu'56
President/CEO, Radio Propagation Services, Inc. (RPSI)
- Brent R. Bilger D'80 Th'81
Vice President of Solutions Architecture, Vidder
- Christine Burnley Bucklin ’84
- Richard W. Couch, Jr. D'64 Th'65
Chief Executive Officer, Hypertherm, Inc.
- Michael V. DeFelice D'83
- Peter M. Fahey D'68 Th'69
Partner (Retired), Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
- Clinton P. Harris D'69 Th'70
Founder and Managing Partner, Grove Street Advisors, LLC
- William F. Holekamp D'70 P'12
President, Holekamp Capital
- Christopher K. Hu D'69 Th'70
Counsel, Blank Rome LLP
- Elizabeth ‘Liz’ C. Lempres D’83 Th’84
Director, McKinsey & Company
- Randall Lunn D'73 Th/Tu'75
Managing Director, Catalina Ventures
- Barry L. MacLean D'60 Th'61
President/CEO, MacLean-Fogg Co.
- Christopher F. "Chris" McConnell D'75
President, Adondo Corporation
- Charles E. Nearburg D'72 Th'74
President/Owner, Nearburg Producing Company
- Michael J. Ross D'71
General Partner, SV Life Sciences
- Scott D. Sandell D'86
General Partner, New Enterprise Associates
- Edward P. Stritter D'68
President, Stritter Consulting
- S. David Wu
Provost and Executive Vice President, George Mason University
- Michel Zaleski D'68 Th'69
Chairman and President, The Dream Project
Ex officio Members
- Philip J. Hanlon D'77
President, Dartmouth College
- Joseph J. Helble
Dean, Thayer School of Engineering
- John B. Replogle D'88
Chief Executive Officer and President, Seventh Generation
- Martin Wybourne
Vice Provost, Dartmouth College
- Marian Miner Cook W'29
Founder and Chair, John Brown Cook Foundation
- Ralph E. Crump
President (Retired), Crump Industries
- John H. "Jake" Krehbiel, Jr.
Former Co-chairman, Molex, Inc.
- Brian J. Thompson
Provost Emeritus and Distinguished University Professor (Retired), University of Rochester
Terms of Office
Members of the Board of Overseers are nominated by the Dean and Board to serve three-year terms, with the exception of the ex-officio members. Elections are by majority vote of the Board of Overseers, with subsequent approval by the Trustees and formal appointment by the President of the College.