Dartmouth's Off-Campus Programs
Engineering students may pursue study abroad through Dartmouth's Off-Campus Programs.
Thayer School offers two exchange programs designed especially for Dartmouth engineering majors: one with Thailand's Chulalongkorn University (or 'Chula'), located in the center of Bangkok, and another with The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK).
Students interested in foreign study should contact Holly Wilkinson, Assistant Dean for Academic and Student Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Engineering Program in Germany
The Helmut Schmidt U. has approximately 3,000 students and offers state-of-the-art engineering laboratory facilities.
Dartmouth B.E. students may choose:
- 12 weeks of coursework and/or
- an 8-week summer research experience
Study and research topics include:
- Artificial intelligence
- CAE methods in automotive engineering
- Digital signal processing
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Fundamentals in vehicle dynamics
- Process automation
- Numerical methods in computational engineering
- Surface technology / materials science
- Wireless automation
Students interested in coursework or research experience at the Helmut Schmidt University should contact Professor Benoit Cushman-Roisin (email@example.com).