Comments from Former REU in Nanomaterials Participants
Favorite Places to Eat
- Food Court
- Thayer Dining Hall
- EBAS (of course)
Event/Venue that Shouldn't Be Missed
- Tubestock, hiking in the mountains (Cardigan, Washington, Gile, etc.), fireworks, when they open the bell tower, the ropeswing, golf, a lot of stuff actually.
- Make sure you try the gelato at the Hop.
- If you're a geek like me, see if you can get to the Flea@MIT.
Most Memorable Event
- Tour of the various labs ~ very cool.
- Being lured into Theta with EBAS breadsticks promises.
Advice to Participants
- Apply and have a very fun, interesting, and lucrative summer!
- Life's too short.
- Don't put yourself in a bad situation just for breadsticks.
- Program EBAS number into your phone and eat with friends.
- Montreal is only a short drive away. Peel Pub has great Poutine late at night.
- It's all about a good throw save - work to master this skill.
- Find some time to get your REU work done too.
These comments were submitted by former REU participants. If you participated in the Dartmouth Molecular Materials or CNR@D REU summer programs in the past, add your comments too. Thank you!