B. Stuart Trembly
Associate Professor of Engineering
Associate Professor of Engineering1-603-646-2118
- BS, Engineering and Applied Science, Yale University 1975
- PhD, Engineering Sciences, Dartmouth College 1983
Therapeutic heating of tissue; dielectric properties of tissue; biomedical engineering; antenna theory
Current Research Projects
- Barton, M.D. and B.S. Trembly, “Measurement of the Anisotropic Thermal Conductivity of the Cornea,” Experimental Eye Research 115(October):216-223, 2013.
- Zulauf, G.D., B.S. Trembly, A.J. Giustini, B.R. Flint, R.R. Strawbridge, and P.J. Hoopes, “Targeting of systemically-delivered magnetic nanoparticle hyperthermia using a noninvasive, static, external magnetic field,” Proc. SPIE 8584, Energy-based Treatment of Tissue and Assessment VII, 85840C, 2013.
- Petryk, A.A., A.J. Giustini, R.E. Gottesman, B.S. Trembly, and P.J. Hoopes, “Comparison of magnetic nanoparticle and microwave hyperthermia cancer treatment methodology and treatment effect in a rodent breast cancer model,” Int J Hyperthermia 29(8):819–827, 2013.
- Nieskowski, M.D. and B.S. Trembly, “Comparison of a Single Optimized Coil and a Helmholtz Pair for Magnetic Nanoparticle Hyperthermia,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering 61(6):1642-1650, 2014.
- Thermokeratoplasty systems (9,131,984)
- Method and apparatus utilizing magnetic nanoparticles for sterilizing female placental mammals, including women (9,271,789)
- Thermal treatment apparatus (8,521,302)
- Apparatus and method for the treatment of infectious disease in keratinized tissue (8,396,564)
- Thermal treatment system with acoustic monitoring, and associated methods (8,348,936)
- Thermokeratoplasty systems (7,713,268)
- Feedback control of thermokeratoplasty treatments (7,377,917)
- Apparatus and method for the treatment of infectious disease in keratinized tissue (7,292,893)
- Thermokeratoplasty systems (7,192,429)
System and methods for fallopian tube occlusion (6,485,486)
- Tissue sealing using microwaves (6,224,593)
- Microwave applicator for transurethral hyperthermia (5,301,687)
- Combined microwave heating and surface cooling of the cornea (4,881,543)
Studies Show Promising Results for Non-Invasive Treatment of Low Myopia
September 10, 2016