Professor of Engineering
Professor of Engineering1-603-646-0116
- Vordiplom (BA equivalent), Technical University of Berlin 1990
- Diplom (MA equivalent), Technical University of Berlin 1994
- PhD, Technical University of Berlin 1996
Complex analysis; geometric function theory; discrete groups; complex dynamics; mathematics of medical imaging
- ENGS 20: Introduction to Scientific Computing
- P. Bonfert-Taylor, F. Leblond, Robert Holt, Kenneth Tichauer, B. Pogue, and E. Taylor, Information Loss and Reconstruction in Highly Diuse Fluorescence Tomography, JOSA A, 29 (2012), no. 3, 321–330.
- P. Bonfert-Taylor, K. Matsuzaki, and E. Taylor, Large and Small Covers of a Hyperbolic Manifold, J. Geom. Anal. 22 (2012), no. 2, 455–470.
- P. Bonfert-Taylor, R.Canary, J. Souto, and E. Taylor, Exotic quasi-conformally homogeneous surfaces, Bull. London Math. Soc. 43 (2011), no. 1, 57–62.
- P. Bonfert-Taylor, G. Martin, A. Reid and E. Taylor, Teichmuller Mappings, Quasiconformal Homogeneity, and Non-amenable Covers of Riemann Surfaces, Pure Appl. Math. Q. 7 (2011), no. 2, 455–468.
- P. Bonfert-Taylor, R.D. Canary, G. Martin, E. Taylor, and M. Wolf, Ambient Quasiconformal Homogeneity of Planar Domains, Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn. 35 (2010), no. 1, 275–283.
- American Mathematical Society
- Association for Women in Mathematics
- NSF panelist, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012
- Referee for NSF proposals, Complex Variables, Conformal Geometry and Dynamics, Duke Mathematical Journal, Illinois Journal of Mathematics, Israel Journal of Mathematics, Journal of the Australian Mathematical Society, Journal d'Analyse Mathematique, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Michigan Mathematical Journal, Proceedings of the AMS, Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society, among others.
- Reviewer for Math Reviews
Lessons From the Sharing Economy: Beyond lectures
Inside Higher Ed
October 31, 2016
Bad at math? Don’t tell your kids
May 24, 2016
Stop telling kids you’re bad at math. You are spreading math anxiety ‘like a virus.’
The Washington Post
April 25, 2016
In Dartmouth Engineer Magazine
Smoothing the Road to Engineering
Web Extra, March 2017
The TA Experience
Web Extra, August 2016
Q&A: Professor Petra Bonfert-Taylor
Web Extra, August 2016