Associate Professor of Engineering
Associate Professor of Engineering1-603-646-8656
- BS, Chemical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 1995
- MS, Environmental Management & Policy, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 1996
- MS, Environmental Engineering, Yale University 2002
- PhD, Environmental Engineering, Yale University 2005
Infectious disease prognosis and diagnostics; aerobiological processes; methods to engineer soils for greater fertility
- ENGS 30: Biological Physics
- ENGS 156: Heat, Mass, and Momentum Transfer
- ENGG 199: Medical Diagnostics and Monitoring
- Robust detection of P. aeruginosa and S. aureus acute lung infections by secondary electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry (SESI-MS) breathprinting: from initial infection to clearance. Zhu J, Jiménez-Díaz J, Bean HD, Daphtary NA, Aliyeva MI, Lundblad LK, Hill JE. J Breath Res. 2013 Sep;7(3):037106. doi: 10.1088/1752-7155/7/3/037106. Epub 2013 Jul 18.
- Secondary electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry (SESI-MS) breathprinting of multiple bacterial lung pathogens, a mouse model study. Zhu J, Bean HD, Jiménez-Díaz J, Hill JE. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2013 Jun;114(11):1544-9. doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00099.2013. Epub 2013 Mar 21.
- Detecting bacterial lung infections: in vivo evaluation of in vitro volatile fingerprints. Zhu J, Bean HD, Wargo MJ, Leclair LW, Hill JE. J Breath Res. 2013 Mar;7(1):016003. doi: 10.1088/1752-7155/7/1/016003. Epub 2013 Jan 10.
- High-throughput measurement and classification of organic P in environmental samples. Johnson NR, Hill JE. J Vis Exp. 2011 Jun 8;(52). doi:pii: 2660. 10.3791/2660.
- Think globally, act locally: Targeting the rhizoshpere to control soil fertility and improve water quality. Giles CD, Hill J.E. American Geophysical Union, Hydrology Section Newsletter 2011.
Dartmouth prof developing TB breath test
NH Union Leader
June 18, 2015
Three Engineering Professors Selected for SYNERGY Translational Pilot Awards
April 17, 2015
Lung infection identified using ‘breath-print’
BBC Health News
January 10, 2013
In Dartmouth Engineer Magazine
Undergrads in the Lab
Q&A: Professor Hill on a Diagnostic Breath Test in South Africa
Web Extra, January 2015
Q&A: Professor Jane Hill
Faculty: New Profs
LabTV: Creating accurate, noninvasive tools to diagnose lung disease.
Professor Hill discusses her work to advance breath-based diagnosis of infectious diseases:
TEDxUVM: Nurture Science and Engineering in Youth to Solve our Future Problems