Geoffrey P. Luke
Assistant Professor of Engineering
Assistant Professor of Engineering1-603-646-0204
- BS, Computer Engineering and Mathematics, University of Wyoming 2007
- MS, Electrical Engineering, University of Wyoming 2009
- PhD, Electrical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin 2013
Ultrasound imaging; photoacoustic imaging; bionanotechnology; cancer diagnostics and therapy; molecular imaging
Current Research Projects
- GP Luke and SY Emelianov, “Label free detection of lymph node metastases with ultrasound-guided functional photoacoustic imaging,” Radiology, (Published online).
- GP Luke, JN Myers, SY Emelianov, and KV Sokolov, “Sentinel lymph node biopsy revisited: ultrasound-guided photoacoustic detection of micrometastases using molecularly targeted plasmonic nanosensors,” Cancer Research, volume 74, issue 19, 2014.
- S Kim, Y-S Chen, GP Luke, and SY Emelianov, “In-vivo ultrasound and photoacoustic image-guided photothermal cancer therapy using silica-coated gold nanorods,” IEEE Trans. Ultrason., Ferroelectr., Freq. Control, volume 61, issue 9, 2014.
- GP Luke and SY Emelianov, “Optimization of in vivo spectroscopic photoacoustic imaging by smart optical wavelength selection,” Optics Letters, volume 39, issue 7, 2014.
- AS Hannah, GP Luke, KA Wilson, KA Homan, and SY Emelianov, “Optically-triggered vaporization of ICG-loaded perfluorocarbon nanodroplets for enhanced ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging,” ACS Nano, volume 8, number 1, 2014.
- GP Luke, A Bashyam, KA Homan, S Makhija, Y-S Chen, and SY Emelianov, “Silica-coated gold nanoplates as stable photoacoustic contrast agents for sentinel lymph node imaging,” Nanotechnology, volume 24, number 45, 2013.
- GP Luke, SY Nam, and SY Emelianov, “Optical wavelength selection for improved spectroscopic photoacoustic imaging,” Photoacoustics, volume 1, issue 2, 2013.
- GP Luke, DY Yeager, and SY Emelianov, “Biomedical applications of photoacoustic imaging with exogenous contrast agents” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, volume 40, number 2, pp. 422-437, 2012.
- S Kim, Y-S Chen, GP Luke, and SY Emelianov, “In vivo three-dimensional spectroscopic photoacoustic imaging for monitoring nanoparticle delivery.” Biomedical Optics Express, volume 2, issue 9, 2011.
- S Mallidi, GP Luke, and S Emelianov, “Role of photoacoustic imaging in cancer detection, diagnosis, and treatment guidance,” Trends in Biotechnology, volume 29 issue 5, 2011.
SYNERGY Announces 2017 Translational Pilot Grant Awards
April 3, 2017
Imaging Technique Identifies Early Metastasis in Lymph Nodes
May 20, 2015