Professor of Engineering
Professor of Engineering1-603-646-3248
- B.S., Engineering Physics, University of Liège (Belgium) 1978
- Ph.D., Geophysical Fluid Dynamics, Florida State University 1980
Environmental transport processes; environmental fluid mechanics; industrial ecology; sustainable design; energy efficiency
Current Research Projects
- ENGS 37: Introduction to Environmental Engineering
- ENGS 43: Environmental Transport and Fate
- ENGS 44: Sustainable Design
- ENGS 150: Intermediate Fluid Mechanics
- ENGS 151: Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Cushman-Roisin, B., 2008: "Beyond eddy diffusivity: An alternative model for turbulent dispersion," Env. Fluid Mech., 8, 543-549.
- Cushman-Roisin, B., and A. D. Jenkins, 2006: "On a non-local parameterization for shear turbulence and the uniqueness of its solutions," Boundary-Layer Meterorol., 118, 69-82.
- Cushman-Roisin, B., M. Gacie, P.-M. Poulain, and A. Artegiani, 2001:
- Physical Oceanography of the Adriatic Sea: Past Present, and Future. Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Cushman-Roisin, B., N.J. Rice, and M.A. Moldaver, 2000: "A simulation tool for Industrial Ecology," J. Industrial Ecology 3, 131-144.
- Esenkov, O. E., and B. Cushman-Roisin, 1999: "Modeling of two-layer eddies and coastal flows with a particle method," J. Geophys. Res, 104, 10959-10980.
- Cushman-Roisin, B., 1994: Introduction to Geophysical Fluid Dynamics, Prentice Hall.
- Editor-in-Chief (and Founding Editor), Environmental Fluid Mechanics, 2000-present.
- Adjunct Professor, School of Environmental Sciences, University of Nova Gorica, Slovenia
- Co-organizer and co-convener of "Modelling of Oceanic Vortices" colloquium, Royal Dutch Academy of Arts and Sciences, Amsterdam
Rev 7: The World’s First Removable, Biodegradable Gum?
The Huffington Post
October 15, 2011
How Green Is My Wintergreen?
April 19, 2011
Exhibit champions green design
January 26, 2010
VOX of Dartmouth
April 3, 2006