Professor of Engineering
Professor of Engineering1-603-646-3248
- BS, Engineering Physics, University of Liège (Belgium) 1978
- PhD, Geophysical Fluid Dynamics, Florida State University 1980
Environmental transport processes; environmental fluid mechanics; industrial ecology; sustainable design; energy efficiency
Current Research Projects
- ENGS 37: Introduction to Environmental Engineering
- ENGS 44: Sustainable Design
- ENGS 85: Hybrid Powertrain System Design (ENGS 85.04)
- ENGS 151: Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- ENGS 250: Turbulence in Fluids
- ENGG 390: MEM Project
- Cushman-Roisin, B., 2008: "Beyond eddy diffusivity: An alternative model for turbulent dispersion," Env. Fluid Mech., 8, 543-549.
- Cushman-Roisin, B., and A. D. Jenkins, 2006: "On a non-local parameterization for shear turbulence and the uniqueness of its solutions," Boundary-Layer Meterorol., 118, 69-82.
- Cushman-Roisin, B., M. Gacie, P.-M. Poulain, and A. Artegiani, 2001:
- Cushman-Roisin, B., N.J. Rice, and M.A. Moldaver, 2000: "A simulation tool for Industrial Ecology," J. Industrial Ecology 3, 131-144.
- Esenkov, O. E., and B. Cushman-Roisin, 1999: "Modeling of two-layer eddies and coastal flows with a particle method," J. Geophys. Res, 104, 10959-10980.
Prentice Hall, 1994
Editors: Benoit Cushman-Roisin, Miroslav Gacic, Pierre-Marie Poulain, Antonio Artegiani
Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2001
Benoit Cushman-Roisin, Jean-Marie Beckers
Academic Press, 2011
- Turbo-compressor-condenser-expander (8,578,733)
- Editor-in-Chief (and Founding Editor), Environmental Fluid Mechanics, 2000-present.
- Adjunct Professor, School of Environmental Sciences, University of Nova Gorica, Slovenia
- Co-organizer and co-convener of "Modelling of Oceanic Vortices" colloquium, Royal Dutch Academy of Arts and Sciences, Amsterdam
2015’s Greenest Cities in America
October 14, 2015
Rev 7: The World’s First Removable, Biodegradable Gum?
The Huffington Post
October 15, 2011
How Green Is My Wintergreen?
April 19, 2011
Exhibit champions green design
January 26, 2010
VOX of Dartmouth
April 3, 2006
In Dartmouth Engineer Magazine
Curriculum: Danish Foreign Exchange Program
Mastering Engineering Management
A Conversation with Professor Benoit Cushman-Roisin
Web Extra, May 2014
The Business Case for Sustainability
Publications: Faculty Books
Classroom: Sustainable Communities
Investiture: Class of 2008
Classroom: Industrial Ecology