About the Dean's Council
The Dean's Council is an advisory group of young alumni who provide Thayer School leadership with input and counsel on the vitality and direction of the School from the perspective of early-career professionals.
Criteria for Membership
Members must be Thayer or Dartmouth Engineering Sciences graduates and have received their highest Dartmouth/Thayer degree within the last 15 years at the time of appointment. Council members are nominated for dedication to Thayer School, leadership roles held as early-career professionals, and for the distinct academic accomplishments of each nominee.
Expectations of Members
- Serve as an ambassador and advocate for the School
- Provide counsel to School leadership
- Serve as a resource for students, faculty, and staff on an ad hoc basis when individual expertise or influence will benefit the School
- Attend Council meetings
- Members will be encouraged to support the School through the Thayer School Annual Fund
The Council will meet once a year. Council meetings will last for half of the day and will include an evening social gathering.
For questions or more information, contact Sharon Giguere, Associate Director of Alumni Engagement and Communications:
- 603.646.8904 or 877.584.2937