Commencement Notes for the Dartmouth Class of 2012
June 9, 2012
Here’s Dartmouth’s 2012 Commencement by the numbers: from over 1,700 degrees awarded to over 12,000 attendees expected.
- Arts and Sciences, Undergraduate: 1,093 Bachelor of Arts [78 engineering sciences majors]
- Arts and Sciences, Graduate: 175 total; 46 Master of Science [7 in engineering sciences], 15 Master of Arts, 41 Master of Arts in Liberal Studies, 73 Doctor of Philosophy [14 in engineering sciences]
- Geisel School of Medicine: 69 Doctor of Medicine, 39 Master of Public Health
- Thayer School of Engineering: 76 Bachelor of Engineering, 47 Master of Engineering Management
- Tuck School of Business: 280 Master of Business Administration
- Total degrees awarded: 1,779
- Estimated size of audience: 12,000 to 13,000 people are expected to attend
Where seniors come from
The undergraduate Class of 2012 hails from 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. The most represented states are New York, California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Connecticut. International students come from 48 countries. The most represented are the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of Korea, and Canada.
Most popular majors
The most popular majors are Economics, Government, Psychological and Brain Sciences, Biological Sciences, History, Engineering Sciences, and English.