- The first and primary job of every shop TA is to keep shop users safe. Please report any unsafe conditions immediately to machine shop staff.
- TA’s are required to follow machine shop safety regulations – so put on a hat, safety glasses, and a shop button while at work.
- The Greeter will post TA work schedules near the start of each term. TA’s are expected to honor their established shift timings throughout the term.
- TA’s are not allowed to work at the hours outside their schedule, unless they have received prior permission from Kevin Baron AND notified Mshop via Blitz.
- TA’s are required to login/logout at the Greeter desk at no more than seven minutes before/after their scheduled shift.
- The Greeter will prepare payroll time sheets bi-weekly. TA’s will be notified during the week timesheets are due. TA’s are responsible for signing the timesheets that week by Friday at 4:30PM.
- TA’s must enter and exit the shop from the door by the Greeter’s desk. Access to other doors is limited to the machine shop staff.
- If a TA will be absent ANY part of their scheduled shift, the TA must email both Kevin and Mshop in advance with an explanation for the absence.
- If a TA has no work to do, the TA is expected to solicit a task assignment from a member of the shop technical staff.
- TA’s may take one 15min break per two-hour period. TA’s are not permitted to eat lunch or snacks during their shift, except during scheduled breaks. Notify a greeter when you are taking a break.