- Weight: 1.25 kg (2.75 lbs.)
- Dimensions: 172 x 260 x 216 mm (6.75 x 10.2 x 8.5 in.)
- Measurement Rate: 25,000 measures/s
- Resolution: 0.050 mm (0.002 in.)
- Accuracy: Up to 0.040 mm (0.0016 in.)
- Volumetric Accuracy: 0.020 mm + 0.100 mm/m
- (0.0008 in. + 0.0012 in./ft)
- Depth of Field: ± 150 mm (±6 in.)
- Laser Cross Area: 210 mm x 210 mm
- (8.2 x 8.2 in.)
Creaform EXA 3D Handyscanner
The Handyscan 3D scanners stand out as the most accurate portable 3D scanners on the market today.
Hand-held laser scanners create a 3D image through the triangulation mechanism: a laser dot or line is projected onto an object from a hand-held device and a sensor measures the distance to the surface. Data is collected in relation to an internal coordinate system and therefore to collect data where the scanner is in motion the position of the scanner must be determined. The position can be determined by the scanner using reference features on the surface being scanned or by using an external tracking method.
Data is collected by a computer and recorded as data points within Three-dimensional space, with processing this can be converted into a triangulated mesh and then a Computer-aided design model. Hand-held laser scanners can combine this data with passive, visible-light sensors—which capture surface textures and colors—to build (or “reverse engineer”) a full 3D model.
- Portable: fits into a case the size of a carry-on.
- Handheld and lightweight:the scanner weights about 1 kg.
- On-the-go scanning: take it from plant to plant and use it in-house or on site.
- Small size:easy access to confined areas.
- Freedom of movement:there are no mechanical constraints. Flexible stand-off distance, which makes it possible to reach confined areas.
- High accuracy: generates accurate, repeatable, high resolution 3D data(0.040-0.050 mm).
- Dynamic referencing:optical reflectors are used to create a reference system that’s “locked” to the part itself. User can move the object any way he wants during scanning session. Changes in surrounding environment have no impact on data acquisition quality or accuracy.
- Reliable: consistent results across all work conditions or environments.
- Self-positioning: the Handyscan 3D scanner is a data acquisition system and its own positioning system. This means that no external tracking or positioning devices is required. It uses triangulation to determine its relative position to the part in real time.
- On-demand user calibration: the scanner can be calibrated as often as necessary (day-to-day basis or before each new scanning session). Calibration takes about 2 minutes and guarantees optimal operation.
- User-friendly:very short learning curve, no matter the user’s experience level. Up and running in less than 2 minutes.
- Direct Mesh Output: real-time visualization of the scanned surface.
- Versatile: virtually limitless 3D scanning – no matter the part size, complexity, material or colour.
- Resume function: a few positioning targets can be used to instantly resume your scan after a pause.