From the microstructure of snow to the massiveness of ice sheets, from fundamental science to practical applications, from Thayer's ice lab to the earth's polar regions, Thayer researchers are uncovering what snow and ice reveal about the world.
By Elizabeth Kelsey, Lee Michaelides, and Karen Endicott
Judy Geer ’75 Th’83 and her family combine national-level athletic training with sustainable living practices.
By Kristen Laine
Recent grads bring nerve and verve to their startup ventures.
By Anna Fiorentino
- Inventiveness on Display
By Dean Joseph J. Helble
The Great Hall
- Challenge: Engineering a $300 House
- Construction: Onward and Upward
- Faculty: Two New Professors Join Thayer
- Humanitarian Engineering: Students Upgrade Hydropower System in Rwanda
- I Want One of Those: Single-Firefighter Aerial Ladder Operation
- Publications: Faculty Books
- Student Groups: Design for America
- Just One Question: What is the coolest, most exciting, or most fulfilling job you’ve ever done?
- Thayer Notes