It's not only Dartmouth students who receive a Thayer-inspired education. Alumni who teach at universities throughout the country bring their Thayer experiences into their own classrooms and labs. We asked eight alumni in academe about their research, Thayer influences, and how to encourage more people to become engineers.
Interviews by Anna Fiorentino
The nation wants more engineers. Dean Joseph J. Helble says we need a different kind of engineer.
Interview by Karen Endicott
Professors Charles Sullivan and Jason Stauth are brightening the future of solar energy.
By Kathryn LoConte Lapierre
The Great Hall
- Competition: Formula Hybrid Speeds Ahead
- Engineering Design: Students Create Eye-Socket Implant
- Entrepreneurship: Undergrad Major Wins Greener Ventures Contest
- I Want One of Those: Grand Slam Stringing Technologies
- Investiture: Class of 2012
- Lab Report: Phytoplankton Under Ice
- Service to Humanity: Replacing Kerosene in Africa
- Tribute: Professor Paul E. Queneau
- Welcome: New Prof and Overseer
- Just One Question: Have you been involved in any activity that encourages children or teens to pursue engineering or science?
- Thayer Notes