Lebanon Regional MATHCOUNTS Meet
Saturday, February 15, 2014, 9:00am
100 Cummings Hall (Spanos Auditorium)
For the tenth year in a row, Thayer School will host the MATHCOUNTS Lebanon Region Chapter Competition for middle school "Mathletes." MATHCOUNTS is a national math coaching and competition program that promotes middle school mathematics achievement through education partnerships involving volunteers, educators, industry sponsors and students.
After several months of coaching, participating schools select students to compete individually or as part of a team in one of more than 500 written and oral competitions held nationwide and in U.S. schools overseas. Winners of the regional contest progress to state competitions in March. Results at the state level determine the top four individuals and top coach who earn the honor of representing their state or overseas team at the national finals.
- 9:00–9:40am Sprint Round (40 minutes)
- 9:50–10:20 Target Round (calculators permitted) (4 @ 6 minutes)
- 10:30–11:00 Team Round (calculators permitted) (20 minutes)
- 11:00–11:30 Pizza and drinks for students and coaches
- 11:30–12:00 Countdown Round and Presentation of Awards*
*Parents and others are welcome to the Countdown Round and the Award Ceremony
- CNA Foundation
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
Directions to Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth
For more information, contact Leonard Zabilansky, Lebanon Region Chapter Co-Coordinator at (603) 646-4319 or Leonard.J.Zabilansky@usace.army.mil.