Thayer School of Engineering's 2013 Investiture ceremony took place on Saturday, June 8. The speaker was Subra Suresh, President-Elect of Carnegie Mellon University and Former Director of the National Science Foundation.
Thayer School Investiture is part of the Dartmouth College Commencement Program. Dartmouth's Commencement ceremony took place on Sunday, June 9 on the Green.
- Faculty Marshal: Peter J. Robbie
- Student Marshals: Sharang Biswas '12 Th'13, Joseph W. Zabinski Th'13
- Joseph J. Helble, Dean
- John B. Replogle '88, Dartmouth Trustee and Chief Executive Officer and President of Seventh Generation
2013 Robert Fletcher Award Recipient
- Subra Suresh, President-Elect of Carnegie Mellon University and Former Director of the National Science Foundation
Recognition of 2013 Award Recipients
- The Dartmouth Society of Engineers Prize: Joseph Roslyn Anthony, III '12 Th'13, Stephanie Jean Crocker '12 Th'13, Wiley Alfred Dunlap-Shohl '12 Th'13, Jacob A. Wolf '12 Th'13
- The Charles F. and Ruth D. Goodrich Prize: Jizheng Qiu Th'13
- The Thayer School of Engineering Corporate Collaboration Council Engineering Management Prize: Anuoluwatomiwa Osunkoya Th'13
- The Thayer School Faculty Award for Academic Excellence: Wiley Alfred Dunlap-Shohl '12 Th'13
- The Thayer School Dean's Service Award: Valerie S. Hanson
- The John C. Woodhouse Engineering Design Prize: Stephanie Jean Crocker '12 Th'13
- The John C. Woodhouse Environmental Engineering Prize: Robert Rhody Cholnoky '13 Th'13, Kevin Charles Dahms '12 Th'13, Robert Faulkner Moss, Jr. '12 Th'13, Leanna Erin Saunders '12 Th'13
- The Caroline Henderson Prize: Joseph Walter Zabinsky Th'13
- The Special Faculty Award for Engineering and Service to Humanity: Sharang Biswas '12 Th'13, Jennifer Ann Freise '12 Th'13, Laura Taylor Gray '13 Th'13, Pauline Frances Schmit '13 Th'13, Alison M. Stace-Naughton '13 Th'13
- The Brieanna S. Weinstein Engineering Design Prize: Robert John Collier '13 Th'13, Benjamin Paul Cunkelman Th'13, David Alexander Reuss Th'13
Excellence in Teaching Award
Outstanding Service Award for Staff
- Kathy M. Andress
Conferring of Hoods
- Ian Baker, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Sherman Fairchild Professor of Engineering
- Alexander Hartov, Director of the M.S. and Ph.D. Program and Professor of Engineering
- Robert J. Graves, Director of the M.E.M. Program and John H. Krehbiel Sr. Professor for Emerging Technologies
- Erland M. Schulson, Chairman of the Engineering Sciences Department and George Austin Colligan Distinguished Professor
- Joseph J. Helble, Dean
- Graduates and faculty recessed to Moore Theater for class photos. (View and download the class photo on Flickr.)
- Graduates, faculty, and guests attended a reception at Thayer School after the ceremony.
Videos of the Investiture ceremony can be purchased from Computing Services.
For more information, contact the Office of Academic and Student Affairs at (603) 646-3801 or email Daryl.Laware@Dartmouth.edu.