Thayer School of Engineering's 2011 Investiture ceremony took place on Saturday, June 11. The speaker was Charles Vest, president of the National Academy of Engineering (NAE) and president emeritus of MIT.
Thayer School Investiture is part of the Dartmouth College Commencement Program. Dartmouth's Commencement ceremony took place on Sunday, June 12 on the Green.
Thayer School's Class of 2011 (see more Investiture photos)
- Faculty Marshal: John P. Collier '72 Th'77
- Student Marshals: Caitlin M. Johnson '10 Th'11, Frederick H. Roy, III '09 Th'11
- Joseph J. Helble, Dean
- Carol Folt, Provost
2011 Robert Fletcher Award Recipient
- Dr. Charles M. Vest, President, National Academy of Engineering
Recognition of 2011 Award Recipients
- The Dartmouth Society of Engineers Prize: Max L. Lifson '11 Th'11
- The Charles F. and Ruth D. Goodrich Prize: Susan Xueqing Sun Th'11
- The Thayer School of Engineering Corporate Collaboration Council Engineering Design Prize: Adam C. Strom '10 Th'11, Alexander C. Knapp '10 Th'11, Jeffrey I. Spielberg '10 Th'11
- The Thayer School Faculty Award for Academic Excellence: Alexander M. Latham '09 Th'11
- The Thayer School Dean's Service Award: Daniel V. Harburg Th'11
- The John C. Woodhouse Engineering Design Prize: Benjamin C. Peters '10 Th'11, Alden C. Adolph '11, Thomas J. Collier '11 Th'11
- The John C. Woodhouse Environmental Engineering Prize: Christopher Mark Polashenski '07 Th '07, '11
- The Caroline Henderson Prize: Pruthvi Desaraju Th'11
- The Special Faculty Award for Engineering and Service to Humanity: Nicholas L. Edwards '10 Th'11, Caitlin M. Johnson '10 Th'11, Emily C. Porter '10 Th'11
- The Brieanna S. Weinstein Engineering Design Prize: Yolanda C. Lin '11 Th'11
- The George A. Colligan Memorial Prize: Heather L. Kluk '11 Th'11
- Richard W. Olmsted Engineering Sciences Prize: Sam A. Tanyos '11
Excellence in Teaching Award
Outstanding Service Award for Staff
- Tracy E. Ballou
Conferring of Hoods
- Ian Baker, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Sherman Fairchild Professor of Engineering
- Alexander Hartov, Director, M.S. and Ph.D. Program and Professor of Engineering
- Robert J. Graves, Co-Director, M.E.M. Program and John H. Krehbiel Sr. Professor for Emerging Technologies
- Kenneth R. Baker, Co-Director, M.E.M. Program and Adjunct Professor
- Erland M. Schulson, Chairman, Engineering Sciences Department and George Austin Colligan Distinguished Professor
- Joseph J. Helble, Dean
- Graduates and faculty recessed to Moore Theater for class photos. (View and download class photo on Flickr.)
- Graduates, faculty, and guests attended a reception at Thayer School after the ceremony.
Videotapes of the ceremony can be purchased from Computing Services using a Commencement Video Order Form.
For More Information
Contact the Office of Academic and Student Affairs at (603) 646-3801 or email Daryl.Laware@Dartmouth.edu.