Thayer School of Engineering's 2010 Investiture ceremony took place on Saturday, June 12. The Investiture speaker was Dr. Robert S. Langer, the David H. Koch Institute Professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Thayer School Investiture is part of the Dartmouth College Commencement Program. Dartmouth's Commencement ceremony took place on Sunday, June 13 on the Green.
Please contact Thayer School's Academic and Student Affairs Office at (603) 646-3801 or email Daryl.Laware@Dartmouth.edu if you have any questions about Thayer School's Investiture program.
- Faculty Marshal: Laura Ray
- Student Marshals: Emily D. Koepsell D'09, Th'10; Drew H. Wenzel D'08, Th'10
- Joseph J. Helble, Dean
- Christine B. Bucklin D'84, Dartmouth Trustee and former SVP, Corporate Strategic Planning, Sun Microsystems (see the transcript of Christine Bucklin's welcome remarks)
2010 Robert Fletcher Award Recipient
- Dr. Robert S. Langer, the David H. Koch Institute Professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (see the transcript of Dr. Robert Langer's address)
Recognition of 2010 Award Recipients
- The Dartmouth Society of Engineers Prize: David Lindberg, Yoon-Ki Park, Eric Mann
- The Charles F. and Ruth D. Goodrich Prize: Pablo Valdes
- The Thayer School of Engineering Corporate Collaboration Council Engineering Design Prize: Nathan Niparko, Devon Anderson, Jonathan Guerrette
- The Thayer School Faculty Award for Academic Excellence: Gregory Detwiler
- The Thayer School Dean's Service Award: Ashley Martin
- The John C. Woodhouse Engineering Design Prize: Broc Burke
- The John C. Woodhouse Environmental Engineering Prize: Brett Guenther, Nathalie Rivest, Kyle Sherry, Drew Wenzel
- The Caroline Henderson Prize: Jake McCarter
- The Special Faculty Award for Engineering and Service to Humanity: Michal Jablonski, Ethan Lubka, Laura Tabor, Parker Reed
- The Brieanna S. Weinstein Engineering Design Prize: Daniel Abbott, Charles Wolff
Excellence in Teaching Award
Outstanding Service Award for Faculty
Outstanding Service Award for Staff
- Jodi Harrington
Conferring of Hoods
- Ian Baker, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Sherman Fairchild Professor of Engineering
- Ursula J. Gibson, Director, M.S. and Ph.D. Program and Professor of Engineering
- Robert J. Graves, Co-Director, M.E.M. Program and John H. Krehbiel Sr. Professor for Emerging Technologies
- Kenneth R. Baker, Co-Director, M.E.M. Program and Adjunct Professor
- Erland M. Schulson, Chairman, Engineering Sciences Department and George Austin Colligan Distinguished Professor
- Joseph J. Helble, Dean
- Graduates and faculty recessed to Moore Theater for class photos. (View and download class photo on Flickr.)
- Graduates, faculty, and guests attended a reception at Thayer School after the ceremony.
Videotapes of the Investiture ceremony can be purchased from Computing Services. For more information please visit Videotapes on Dartmouth's Commencement website.