Thayer School of Engineering's 2009 Investiture ceremony took place on Saturday, June 13. The Investiture speaker was James J. Duderstadt, President Emeritus and University Professor of Science and Engineering at the University of Michigan.
Thayer School Investiture is part of the Dartmouth College Commencement Program. Dartmouth's Commencement ceremony took place on Sunday, June 14 on the Green.
Please contact Thayer School's Academic and Student Affairs Office at (603) 646-3801 or email Daryl.Laware@Dartmouth.edu if you have any questions about Thayer School's Investiture program.
- Faculty Marshal: Keith D. Paulsen, Robert A. Pritzker Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Student Marshals: Emily P. Plumb Th'09, Stephanie M. Mayer Th'09
- Joseph J. Helble, Dean
- Barry P. Scherr, Provost
2009 Robert Fletcher Award Recipient
- James J. Duderstadt, President Emeritus and University Professor of Science and Engineering at the University of Michigan
Recognition of 2009 Award Recipients
- The Dartmouth Society of Engineers Prize: Erik M. Bell, Erik Lundqvist, Benjamin M. Sampson
- The Charles F. and Ruth D. Goodrich Prize: Jennifer Caitlin Huot
- The Thayer School of Engineering Corporate Collaboration Council Engineering Design Prize: Kathryn E. Boucher, Renée N. Cottle, Steven D. Reinitz
- The Thayer School Faculty Award for Academic Excellence: Scott K. Wong
- The Thayer School Dean's Service Award: Brittany E. Kaplan
- The John C. Woodhouse Engineering Design Prize: Eric M. Trautmann
- The John C. Woodhouse Environmental Engineering Prize: Robert J. Courtney, Robert N. D'Angelo, Gregory R. Haines
- The Caroline Henderson Prize: Rashmi R. Nalla
- The Special Faculty Award for Engineering and Service to Humanity: Lindsay F. Holiday, Dana K. Leland, Philip G. Wagner
Excellence in Teaching Award
Outstanding Service Award for Faculty
Outstanding Service Award for Staff
- Mary E. Moul
Conferring of Hoods
- Ian Baker, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Sherman Fairchild Professor of Engineering
- Ursula J. Gibson, Director, M.S. and Ph.D. Program and Professor of Engineering
- Robert J. Graves, Co-Director, M.E.M. Program and John H. Krehbiel Sr. Professor for Emerging Technologies
- Kenneth R. Baker, Co-Director, M.E.M. Program and Adjunct Professor
- Erland M. Schulson, Chairman, Engineering Sciences Department and George Austin Colligan Distinguished Professor
- Graduates and faculty recess to Moore Theater for class photos. (View and download class photos on Flickr)
Videotapes of the Investiture ceremony can be purchased from Computing Services. For more information please visit Videotapes on Dartmouth's Commencement website.