- Directions of Wear
- How Old are Your Knees?
- Poster: Building a Better Hip
- Poster: Michael Mayor Named to Allyn Professorship
- Poster: Orthopaediimmunolobioengineeringology
- Poster: Out on a Limb
Related Professional Societies and Research Organizations
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Association
- American Society for Testing and Materials
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Joint Implant Surgery & Research Foundation
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- Society for Biomaterials
- UHMWPE Lexicon
- Dartmouth College
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- The Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
- Thayer School of Engineering
- A Jung microtome (Jung, Heidelberg, Germany) for thin sectioning UHMWPE (approximately 200 µm thick).
- Both a Perkin Elmer AutoImage Infrared Microscope (Norwalk, CT) and a Perkin Elmer Spectrum BXII (Norwalk, CT) for Fourier Transform Infrared spectroscopy (FTIR).
- A Perkin Elmer Pyris-6 DSC system with an intracooler and autosampler for calorimetry.
- Instron model 8501 and model 5544 servohydraulic load frames with pneumatic grips and non-contacting video extensiometers for mechanical and tensile testing.
- A Bendix Formax 5050 Profilometer for profile analysis.
- A Rolling Sliding Tribotester and a Pin on Disk Tribotester for wear testing.
- Accelerated Aging Bombs
- A Denver instruments Balance.
- A Sony TechnoLook digital microscope.
- A Donsanto disection Microscope.