Sample Project Proposals
The following are examples of problems that were submitted to the CEDC by different industries and selected by student teams. Each CEDC associate worked with its partner team to successfully complete the project.
Note that the project descriptions show the scope and level of information provided and include a project overview or problem statement, background information, specific goals, deliverables, and IP ownership and confidentiality requirements.
- Genetic Tools Development
- Development of a 'Smart' Deep Brain Stimulator
- Formula Racing Hybrid IC Controls and Simulation
- The Super Intelligent Earplug
- Design/Build Small Hydroelectric Turbine—Energy Reclamation
- Full-Scale Digester at Dairy Farm
- High R-Value Energy Curtain for Solar Greenhouse
- Analysis of Artificial Knee Performance Using Medical Imaging
- Method & System for Tracking Ultrasound Imagery
- After-the-Fact Dosimetry Device—Unplanned Radiation Exposure
- Low Cost Solar Collector Performance Modeling and Design
- Innovative Technical Knowledge Database/GUI
- System to Track Athletes's Position Using Video