General Internet Resources
- Columbia University’s List of Engineering Leadership Development and Rotational Programs
- Engineer 500
- National Council of Examiners
- NewScientistJobs.com (Search hundreds of jobs in science and technology)
- Science's Career Magazine
- National Society for Professional Engineers
- US.jobs (great portal which allows you to apply directly to hiring company)
- Flipdog.com (has automated JobHunter feature that sends you positions)
- Indeed.com (find millions of jobs from thousands of company web sites, job boards and newspapers. one search)
- Monster.com (general listings, not for on-campus recruiting)
- Vault.com (includes internship listings)
Note: Resources by functional area—i.e. Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, etc. are listed under "Industry-Specific Resources"
USAJobs, the Federal Government's primary employment portal. Site provides information on requirements for federal employment as well as searchable database of positions. Search USAJobs by "agency" and "location" for information on opportunities within individual federal agencies—e.g. NASA, National Security Agency, State Department, etc.
The United States Government's official site for job opportunities specifically for students. Use to search for internships.
- Atlanta Jobs
- Bay Area Jobs
- Boston Job Bank
- California Online Job Network
- Chicago Tribune
- Connecticut Jobs
- Denver Post
- Los Angeles Times
- New Jersey Jobs
- New York Times
- San Diego Union-Tribune
- San Francisco
- Seattle Times
- Washington Post
Craig's List contains both employment and housing listings for both urban and suburban locations of major metropolitan areas listed below. Users are able to view and post listings for free. Also lists a handful of part-time positions and internships.