Dartmouth's Off-Campus Programs
Engineering students may pursue study abroad through Dartmouth's Off-Campus Programs.
Thayer School offers three exchange programs designed especially for Dartmouth engineering majors: one with Thailand's Chulalongkorn University (or 'Chula'), located in the center of Bangkok, another with The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), and a third with the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) in Copenhagen.
Students interested in foreign study should contact Holly Wilkinson, Assistant Dean for Academic and Student Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Engineering Program in Germany
The Helmut Schmidt U. has approximately 3,000 students and offers state-of-the-art engineering laboratory facilities.
Dartmouth B.E. students may choose:
- 12 weeks of coursework and/or
- an 8-week summer research experience
Study and research topics include:
- Artificial intelligence
- CAE methods in automotive engineering
- Digital signal processing
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Fundamentals in vehicle dynamics
- Process automation
- Numerical methods in computational engineering
- Surface technology / materials science
- Wireless automation
Students interested in coursework or research experience at the Helmut Schmidt University should contact Professor Ulrike Wegst.